Dana White Won’t Rebook ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Against Joe Lauzon After Match Two Canceled

Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Joe Luzon It will not be booked for the third time.

This is the message from the president of the UFC Dana Whitewho confirmed that the promotion would move from the match after Luzon suffered a knee injury that forced him out of the fight with Cerrone just hours ago. UFC Austin seem.

The first time around was Cerrone, who got sick before UFC 274 This eventually led to the cancellation of the confrontation against Luzon.

“This thing has become like Tony [Ferguson] and Khabib [Nurmagomedov],” White said at a press conference after the fight at UFC Austin. “No, I wouldn’t book that fight again.”

It’s unfortunate news for Cerrone and Lauzon, who were excited for the match as they collected 33 rewards after fighting between them on their legendary career.

According to Cerrone, he already found out the fight had been called off from a text message he received from Lauzon that told him about his knee problem, which first occurred after weighing in on Friday.

“It’s a crazy sport we’re into, and you just have to deal with the punches,” Cerrone said on the post-fight show at UFC Austin. “Joe, I know it’s a game, dude. It’s not like he’s making up something. I know you won’t pull anything out until you’re healed, brother, and we’ll make it happen one day,” said Jo.

Judging by White’s comments, Cerrone shouldn’t be too excited to see Lauzon through the octagon, although he might try to book a fight on an upcoming card if the UFC can facilitate that.

See also  Yankees sign Matt Carpenter to major league contract

“They’re already in real conversations soon,” Cerrone revealed. “They offered me one pretty soon, and I said we’d have to talk about fishing weight for sure. I’ve shown I can make the weight back-to-back. It’s not the weight. So we’ll see.”

“I will talk to [UFC matchmaker] Shun [Shelby] Here tonight, we’ll find out. I’m sure you’ll see me in the next two weeks.”

White confirmed the same when addressing Cerrone’s next fight, saying the veteran lightweight would not be able to get down to 155 pounds again soon after making the cut in May and June.

“He only lost weight yesterday,” White said. We wanted to know if he wanted to fight in July. He doesn’t want to lose weight again so he won’t be fighting in July. We’ll find out something else for him.”

Cerrone wants to compete two more times before calling it a career with over 50 fights in his résumé dating back to his 2006 MMA debut.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.