Cover Image: Sergei Chubinsky/AFP
- Russian attacks targeted several cities in Ukraine from the night of Thursday, April 27 to Friday, April 28. At least two people have died in Dnipro, a large city in the country’s Middle East, according to Ukrainian authorities and media. According to Interfax, explosions were also reported in Oumane (Cherkassy oblast, where thirteen people were killed. Other explosions) and Kremenchouk (Poltava oblast) in central Ukraine, and Mykolaiv in the south of the country. Air raid sirens have sounded across Ukraine.
- 11 Russian cruise missiles were shot down by Ukrainian air defenses over Kyiv. overnight from Thursday to Friday, the municipality announced. The municipality said that there was no loss of life or major damage in the attack.
- One Russian missile was killed More than a dozen people were injured early Thursday in the southern Ukrainian city of Mykolaiv, officials said. Mykolaiv is located on the Black Sea, about 170 kilometers from Crimea, which was annexed by Moscow in 2014.
- Prisoner exchange between Ukraine and Russia. Returned to Ukraine Forty-four prisoners of war Hosted by Russia, the Ukrainian president’s chief of staff said, Andrei Yermak. The Russian Ministry of Defense For its part announced the release Forty Russian soldiers.
- Vladimir Putin has ordered his government to create museums dedicated to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.According to instructions published on the Kremlin website.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) allies and partners have delivered 230 battle tanks and 1,550 armored vehicles to Ukraine. NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg announced on Thursday that it will help counter a Russian offensive and regain territory.
- After the meeting between Xi Jinping and Volodymyr Zelensky, The Kremlin said Thursday it would welcome any attempt to target it “Nearing the End of the Conflict” While allowing to reach Moscow in Ukraine “Targets”.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
true. Xi Jinping and Volodymyr Zelensky held talks for the first time since the war in Ukraine began.
Grandstand. “Putin’s Russia Jails Journalists, But Not Only That: It Murders Them”
encryptions. More than three-quarters of Russian medalists at the Tokyo Games are outside the IOC’s neutral model
Reporting. French fighters at the heart of the International Legion in Ukraine
Reporting. Russia: Seven years in prison for “denying the Nazi nature of the Ukrainian regime” over the phone
Reporting. In Lithuania, double punishment for Belarusian exiles
Reporting. Ukraine’s War Along the Dnieper: “It’s the Bank of Happiness, We Escaped It While We Could”
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Web specialist. Infuriatingly humble coffee ninja. Wannabe zombie advocate. Subtly charming tv fanatic. Avid social media scholar.”