(NEXSTAR) — As it continues to grapple with financial uncertainty, household goods chain Bed Bath & Beyond is preparing to close 150 stores and reduce its workforce by about 20%. The retailer released a list outlining more than a third of those stores that are due to close in the coming weeks.
Bed Bath & Beyond announced Plans to close 150 stores of the same name in Augustas interim Director and CEO Sue Grove described it as a “back to basics” philosophy that aims to allow the company to focus on better customer service and drive growth.
At the time, the company estimated that the cuts would save $250 million in the current fiscal year. Days after the decision was announced, Bed Bath & Beyond CFO Gustavo Arnel Fell from a skyscraper in midtown Manhattan He was pronounced dead at the scene.
As of May, Bed Bath & Beyond operated 955 stores: 769 namesake stores, 135 children’s Buybuy stores, and 51 stores under the Harmon, Harmon Face Values, or Face Values names.
This week, Bed Bath & Beyond released a List of 56 stores which are set to close, all of which are namesake stores from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Here is the full list by state:
- Phoenix: 34750 N. North Valley Parkway
- Tucson: 5225 south of Calle Santa Cruz
- Burbank: 201 East Magnolia Blvd.
- Lakewood: 75 Lakewood Center Mall
- Larkspur: 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle
- Marina: 117 General Stilwell Drive
- Palmdale: 39421 10th Street West
- Reading: 1140 Hilltop Drive
- San Leandro: 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240
- Santee: 9918 Mission Gorge Road
- Stamford: Ridgway Shopping Centre, 2275 Summer Street
- Waterford: 850 Hartford Turnpike
- Sanford: 111 Towne Center Blvd.
- Sunrise: 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd. , Anchor C
- Snellville: Presidential Market Center, 1905 Scenic Hwy Suite 5000
- Suwanee: 2623 Peachtree Pkwy
- Bourbonnais: 2056 Northern State Route 50
- Carbondale: University Mall, 1265H, Main Street
- Fairview Heights: Fairview Center, 6611 Northern Illinois
- Gurney: 6132 Grand Ave. , Gurnee Mills Mall
- Joliet: 2850 Plainfield Road
- Schaumburg: 915 East Golf Road
- Dubuque: 2475 NW Arteries
- Waterloo: 1522 Flammang Drive
- Bossier City: 2900 Meadow Creek Drive
- Dorchester: 8B Allstate Road, Suite 1
- Milford: 230 Fortune Boulevard
- Seekonk: 35 Highland Street
- Chesterfield: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Rd
- Northville: Northville Retail Centre, 17223 Haggerty Road
- Walker: Green Ridge Square, 3410 Alpine Avenue NW
- White Lake Twp: 9050 Highland Road
- St. Cloud: 3959 Second Street South
- Flanders: 30 International Drive, Suite 1
- Manalapan: 13 Route 9 South
- Paramus: 34 E Ridgewood Ave
- Farmingdale: 251 Airport Plaza Blvd.
- Middletown: 470 Rd 211 East, Suite 3
- Mount Vernon: 500 East Sandford Blvd.
- New Hartford: 4805 Commercial Drive
- Plattsburgh: 73 Center Drive, Suite 100
- Sparks: 195 Los Altos Pkwy
- Charlotte: The Arboretum, 3413 Bienville Matthews Rd
- Cincinnati: 3681 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Hamilton: Bridgewater Falls, 3451 Princeton Street
- Perrysburg: 10027 Fremont Pike
- Sandusky: 4020 Via Milano, Unit No. 910
- Beaverton: 2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
- Wynnewood: 70 E. Wynnewood Boulevard
- Bayamon Plaza del Sol, 725 West Main Avenue
- Port Arthur: Central Mall 3100 Highway 365 Suite 114
- Wichita Falls: 3201 Lawrence Road Suite A
- Christiansburg: 135 Northwest Road shoppers
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Rd
- Lakewood: 5830 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd., SW
Bed Bath & Beyond did not immediately respond to Nexstar’s request for additional information, including when these stores will close, what other stores are scheduled to close, and how many employees will be affected.
In addition to closing stores, the company said last month it would switch back to its original strategy of focusing on national brands rather than paying for its own store labels.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
“Beer fan. Travel specialist. Amateur alcohol scholar. Bacon trailblazer. Music fanatic.”