A judge has granted a full temporary protection order to the woman involved in the case against Jonathan Majors over an alleged domestic dispute.
The DA’s press secretary, Doug Cohen, said the order, which was requested by the Manhattan district attorney’s office, was granted with the approval of defense attorneys. Hollywood Reporter In a statement Thursday. A limited temporary protection order was granted during Majors’ trial in March. The actor, who has denied any wrongdoing, is scheduled to appear in court on May 9.
In response, Majors’ criminal defense attorney, Priya Choudhury, called the judge’s move “standard in cases like this, and we agreed because Mr Majors wanted nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him.”
The statement continued, “We have been transparent and cooperative with the Attorney General, including giving the Attorney General sufficient evidence, including witness statements, of Mr. Majors’ innocence.” “It is disturbing that even when presenting such overwhelming evidence of a black man’s innocence, the Attorney General continues this false case.”
The news comes after Majors’ legal representation released a video and transcripts that they claim absolve the actor from wrongdoing. It also comes after Majors was dropped this month by his management company, Entertainment 360, and his PR team, The Lede Company.
The update on the restraining order case is the first public comment the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office has issued regarding the case involving allegations of assault on the actor, stemming from what New York authorities described as a domestic dispute.
Majors was arrested March 25 in New York after police answered a 911 call in the Chelsea neighborhood. Chowdhury said Majors made the emergency call out of concern for the “mental health” of the woman.
According to the NYPD, the incident involved a 30-year-old woman who alleged she was assaulted by the actor, resulting in the woman – who has not been identified by police – with minor injuries to her head and neck. Major now faces charges of misdemeanor strangulation, assault and aggravated harassment. the Creed III An actor was released from police custody the same day.
In the initial statement, representatives of loyalty “He did nothing wrong,” said the star.
We have presented compelling evidence to the public prosecutor that the charges are false. “We are confident that he will be fully acquitted,” Chowdhury said.
One day after Majors’ arrest, a representative of the Office of Military Enterprise Marketing announced that a U.S. Army ad campaign featuring the actor had been temporarily halted as a result of his arrest. “While Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, prudence dictates that we withdraw our advertising until the investigation into these allegations is complete,” Laura DiFrancesco, the bureau’s chief of public affairs, said in a statement.
4:15 p.m Updated with a statement from Criminal Attorney Majors.
. “Friendly writer. Unapologetic student. Typical internetaholic. Social media ninja. Communicator. Music fanatic.”