Cover Image: Via RFE/RL/SERHII NUZHNENKO / REUTERS
- Volodymyr Zelensky lamented the “increasingly complicated situation” in Bakhmout. Since the summer, troops from Moscow have been trying to capture the city in the disputed strategic Donetsk region, but it has become a symbol of the struggle for control of Donbas in eastern Ukraine. Yevkhuni Prigozhin, head of the Russian paramilitary group Wagner, claimed responsibility for his men’s capture of the village of Ihidne on the northern outskirts of Bagmouth on Saturday.
- Kyrillo Budanov, the head of Ukrainian intelligence, didn’t see it that way “No ID” Convinces him that China is going to supply arms to RussiaHe said in an interview aired on Voice of America radio on Monday, February 27. “At this time, I don’t think China will agree to transfer arms to Russia … I don’t see any indication that such things have been discussed”he said.
- The US Treasury Secretary announced on Monday that he would transfer $1.2 billion to Ukraine. This budget support should help the country “Retaliation to Russian Attacks” By releasing its funds, explained Janet Yellen, who visited kyiv.
- Russia intensifies its bombing in the Luhansk region. According to the governor of this Ukrainian region of Donbass, the Russian army has intensified its attacks and mobilized more soldiers to drive the Ukrainians around the cities of Svatov and Kreminna, which have been besieged for months.
- The United Nations high commissioner for human rights on Monday introduced the issue of war crimes when he opened a session of the Human Rights Council to condemn Russia’s aggression against Ukraine. will be at the heart of the discussions allegedly by Moscow. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office has documented 71,586 war crimes and crimes of aggression committed by Russian forces in Ukraine since the conflict began a year ago.
- Kremlin Monday a“absurd” New sanctions targeting 121 individuals and entities; A year after the start of the offensive in Ukraine, the EU imposed on Russia.
- 28-year-old US soldier Andrew Peters was killed on the front lines on February 16. His family in The Washington Post. The young man, who served on the front lines with the International Legion for the Territorial Security of Ukraine, is missing.
- Washington has warned Beijing that any Chinese military aid to Russia would have dire consequences. While China is still undecided, it has not ruled out the option, a White House official said.
Catch our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Investigation. In Ukraine, the unexpected collapse of the oligarchs
Interview. François Heisbourg: “With the war in Ukraine, we are changing times”
Chronic. Graves of the new war in Ukraine
Investigation. Even without Russian gas, Germany continues its growth and energy transition
Grandstand. “In today’s Russia, there are literally millions of people who share the European vision”
encryptions. G20 Finance Disagrees on Ukraine
Reporting. In photos, a year’s war as seen from Russia
Internet. Making sense of the year-long war in Ukraine
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Web specialist. Infuriatingly humble coffee ninja. Wannabe zombie advocate. Subtly charming tv fanatic. Avid social media scholar.”