Cover Image: Jacqueline Martin/AP
- The Ukrainian president is expected to arrive in Washington today. According to CNN, citing two sources, Volodymyr Zelensky is visiting the United States, a visit that was kept secret until the last minute. He is scheduled to meet with congressional leaders and elected officials who serve on the Parliamentary Committee on National Security on Wednesday. The Ukrainian president is expected to speak during a plenary session of Congress. The two heads of state will finally meet at the White House.
- Mr. Zelensky yesterday visited Bagmouth, a town torn apart by fierce fighting in the east. During his visit, the Ukrainian president received a flag signed by the militants and declared: “We are going to give it to the US Congress, to the US President. We are grateful for their support, but it is not enough. » Troops from Moscow have been trying since the summer to capture the battle-torn city.
- Most of the fighting is now concentrated in the eastern part of the country. After a series of Russian military setbacks in northeastern and southern Ukraine, Vladimir Putin acknowledged the situation on Tuesday. “too hard” In four regions of southern and eastern Ukraine, Moscow claims to have annexed them without fully seizing them.
- The Russian president appeared on television on Tuesday. He presented decorations to pro-Russian separatist fighters in the Kremlin and leaders of eastern Ukraine. “Our country has faced repeated challenges and defended its sovereignty. Today, Russia faces the same challenge again.He declared.
- Mr. Putin wants to draw on last year’s results today and set his military’s objectives for 2023. During a major meeting involving fifteen thousand officers scheduled for Wednesday, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu will mention “Progress Status of Special Military Operation” In Ukraine.
- Emmanuel Macron maintained his position “Guarantee” to Russia. On Tuesday, the French president confirmed his position “Guarantee” Security to be provided to Russia in the event of peace negotiations at the end of the war in Ukraine.
- New deliveries of French arms to Ukraine. France recently delivered rocket launchers and Grodale missile batteries to Ukraine, and Mr. Macron made the announcement on Tuesday in an interview with TF1 and LCI broadcasts.
- The World Bank announcedtuesday, An additional $610 million must be provided To Ukraine, to allow the country “Addressing the Most Urgent Needs” Health matter. Last week, the company provided $2 billion to support the Ukrainian private sector and finance preparations for reconstruction.
Report. Georgia’s Ambiguous Neutrality
“Web specialist. Infuriatingly humble coffee ninja. Wannabe zombie advocate. Subtly charming tv fanatic. Avid social media scholar.”